Saturday, October 07, 2006

perfect days

I just had to stop in the middle of BUSY day because we are in the middle of the most perfect days of the year!!! I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't live here. If the beautiful colours of the trees weren't enough, now they are FALLING!!! Everywhere you look leaves are gently falling through the trees, piling up on the roads and "chasing" the cars. We are in the middle of the most perfect of settings, the sky is completely clear of clouds, darker blue straight up fading to white on the horizon. The river is the darkest of blue.
There is frost in the morning so the air is clean, clean, clean and smells like freshness. (Its actually decomposing leaves... I think 'Bounce' should add decomposing leaves as a new dryer scented sheet... Some of us would understand!!) We are off today to Kings Landing Historical Settlement which will be picture perfect today (I am determined to learn how to post pics on this thing tonight!!)... and because I am so full of energy we need to get out and do some walkin'!
Yesterday we picked 90 pounds of apples!! Molly and Jack were so excited... they knew apples came off trees but now the KNOW that apples come off trees!!
Tears keep coming to my eyes as I try to take in EVERYTHING.. the beauty, the excitement, my beautiful daughter as she has just had the perfect haircut... the kids think I'm losing it a little...
We are drinking in, and breathing in God's glory.
How will I handle Heaven?

No comments: