Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I really should be doing dishes!! The kids are at AWANA, Jack is 'helping' Dad stack wood, Justin is happy, Dave's parents just left.... but I am soooooooo full!! Every year I promise myself I will not eat that much... Oh well, I did leave the extra piece of apple pie to eat when I watch 'The Amazing Race' with Dave tonight!!
I'm wondering if anyone else experiences the little extras that go with a really good Perry Thanksgiving. As we were setting the table, I realized the cranberry sauce had gone missing. Since Dave's mom and I are the only ones that eat it, no one else was concerned. I just bought it Saturday so I KNEW it was here somewhere... but it was definitely not in the kitchen... and we were not starting dinner without it. It seems that when the girls were putting the groceries away the put the sauce in the freezer with the cans of juice concentrate. Why I even bothered to look in the deep freeze for a can of cranberry sauce should tell you what kind of a house I live in.
The good news is cranberry sauce does not freeze. It keeps its jelly consistency, its just cold... so Caitlyn and Courtney were allowed to eat with us after all!!
Now Courtney is just a little thing, (Most people think she is 5, but she's 7) but she can sure pack away the food!! After 2nd and 3rd helpings she cut herself off to save room for dessert until she saw the drumstick!! Usually they go first, but for some reason there was a huge one with her name on it!
"Please, please can I have this?", she asks.
Being the kind Mom that I am I gave it to her. Next thing I know, this horrible shrieking comes out of the dining room. I thought she got a bone stuck somewhere, but no. She bit into the bone and one of her teeth fell out. It was loose, but not THAT loose. Dessert cheered her up though. Sugar is the best medicine!
Now Justin is playing with a doll on the floor, my coffee is gone, and Dave is still working on wood. I really should do some more dishes. I've only washed and dried 4 sinks worth... there should be 2 more to go. I'm so glad Verna did some before she left.
Lorne and Verna brought us an anniversary gift... its the swag chandelier from AVON that I loved in Verna's catalog. We have a swag lamp in our bedroom, but it shoots sparks when we turn it on. Actually, I think I'll go hang my new chandelier!!!

No comments: