Saturday, October 21, 2006

a withered leaf

Psalm 1 Blessed is the man.... But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

I must confess to being a withered leaf this week. Instead of delighting in God's word and studying daily, I've been busy. "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

I am so glad we have the same name (never used to be!). Jesus is speaking directly to me, with my name. I need to refocus on what is NEEDED, a close relationship with Christ. There is certainly enough to keep me busy here... when I am in close fellowship with Christ, I have the same number of hours in my day... yet somehow... things fall into place. My house is cleaner, the kids are more obedient, schooling is done, bills are paid... My priorities are His priorities, I'm so much more joyful and even the kids comment. I can't control the things that are out of control, God does that.

I don't want to be a withered leaf. When life gets really dry and hard, I need to be feeding from my hidden source of water that the world does not understand. I need deeper roots.

I'm so glad God is infinitely patient with me. Good grief!! The things I don't get sometimes... or just plain forget.

No Bible, no breakfast.
No Bible, no blog.
No Bible, no hot chocolate.
No Bible, no email.

These are my resolves.

No comments: