Thursday, September 21, 2006

hmmmm... grammar!

As I look back over the posts I have written, I can't help but notice the atrocious grammar that has been used. Yes, I am a homeschool mom. I even attended University where in first year scored in the 98th percentile on the English entrance examination. From there, I proceeded earn extremely high marks in all of my English courses. I have had professors keep my papers for extended periods of time because they needed to check my sources to ensure I had not "forgotten" to footnote some of my work. I've had "brilliant" and "wonderfully written" scripted across other scribblings of note so WHY do I use such pitiful language on my blog??

Because I can. I can even start a sentence with 'because' if I want to. I am no longer a gifted (or not so gifted) scholar, or a teacher ... I'm just me.
I don't have to be political here (though I love reading blogs of those who are!!), I have no axe to grind or statement to make (though I may someday)... I'm not looking to minister to others here (but if I do inadvertantly, hallelujah!), or start any debates. All I want to do is write whatever comes out. As long as it doesn't tear anyone down. I am still opinionated... I just usually write after most sane people are asleep!!! I type to the sound of a few snores and clocks ticking. I never hear clocks tick during the day EVER!!! If only we were closer to the shore so I could hear the waves crashing at night! That would be cool.

I am beyond rambling here and going to bed.

This is so much better that a journal... I can still read the really tired writing!!
When you write by hand the really tired stuff is just chicken scratches... not that you'd be missing much based on this post!

1 comment:

mammamolina said...

I know exactly what you mean! When I look back at my writing I just cringe at the poor grammar and senctence structure. I just remind myself, 'it's not for a grade!'

Thanks for visiting my blog and your encouraging comments!