Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Guess what?!!! My little laptop is working again!! For how long we aren't sure. I may have to save my pennies to invest in something more reliable. But it works today!!!

We are all snugged in our house with the storm raging outside. At least I'm told its raging. Its too dark to see and is rather quiet. We are still enjoying living in the top floor of our house. Our 12 by 13 foot living rm/kitchen/dining/ games room is feeling a tad crowded.

Soon... like in a few days.... my kitchen and dining room will be ready for occupancy. The cushion floor would have been laid today if our worker guy didn't put his truck in my ditch. He did not have a fun afternoon! It will go down Monday. The kitchen cabinets will hopefully be done Mon or Tues and I can put some stuff away!!!! Here are some pics.



This picture is from standing in the dining room looking through to the mudroom... which is housing much of our kitchen stuff.



And this is the kitchen. Notice a lack of anything... anything... anything...
Like EVERYTHING!!! Try cooking for 9 in this. We are consisting on crackers, cheese, bagels, yogurt, and clementines... with the occasional hotdog cooked in the microwave upstairs. I miss cooking. sigh....

I'm told it will be wonderful when it gets done. uh huh

No comments: