Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New Washer and Dryer!!??!

Today is the day for the new washer and dryer... or maybe not.

I was so excited to find the W/D set of my dreams marked down $900 at the Home Depot last week. They were to be delivered this afternoon. No problem... you remember what the living room looked like last night, right?? I had the morning to clean it and find a path through. ha ha ha ha ha ....

At about 8:30 am I had a phone call from the delivery guys. "Good news!! We will be there in an hour. We are leaving now."

Now?? NOW??? AAAGGGGHHH!!!
First things first.... "Kathy... please come and help me!!"

Kathy is a very good friend. We emptied that living room, put all my dirty laundry in bags under the stairs, cleaned up everything!! yeah... We put it all in the dining room. The whole time I am hoping we can get it all back before Mike gets here to finish the floors. yeah

We had 'er done and Kathy was leaving just as the delivery guys get here. All was well until the washer got in. "Um... excuse me... delivery guy. That is not my washer."

"What??"

"No, mine is red. That is white. Not my washer. At least you didn't bring in the dryer yet."

Some of you know my front steps. These men were not happy campers.

"But look. Your name, address and phone number are taped (big time!) to the top of this machine. Are you sure its not yours. You could just keep this one!"

"I want my red ones. Sorry."

They were happy I wasn't mad at them. Nice men, they were still smiling when they were reloading the set back onto the truck.

I will get my new W/D later this week.

And the mess?? Well, Mike got here just as the delivery guys were leaving... saw the mess... and helped me put it all back.

Its 11 am and I am done for the day!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Martha, doesn't this just seem like something that has to happen to you. It will be so worth it in the end and it will look awesome. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

Aren't you just so glad my computer is up again?? Hey!! Joy!! You can let the people at your church read this thing. Then they will really know how to pray!
Or else they will think your friend is a lunatic...