Sunday, August 30, 2009

My summer resort

Here are some pictures of my new house. We plan to be into it the first week of October.. this will explain why we aren't moving into it quite yet!!


This is the view from the living room, looking through the dining room, then through the mud room to the great outdoors!! Are you lost yet??

This is the front part of our living room. The view from the front windows is amazing. Down in the valley there is a track where trains are still running... no distraction there!!

This is the kitchen. The cupboards are to be gutted... they are disgustingly grimy, small and in poor condition. Due to what we have found behind some of the walls.. you really don't want to know... its important to find out what is behind these walls as well!!



Here is my friends daughter, Jenny. She is coming through the mudroom into our rather spacious kitchen/dining area.



And this would be the dining room, with the living room behind it. Charming don't you think??



We have really been enjoying our resort town summer. The kids are very comfortable walking to the library, various parks, beaches, youth center, playground, or just walking!! I love the view from my front windows and taking the kids to the beach across the street!!
However, its about time to get back to work. I think the kids will still be happy doing their schoolwork at the park or in the yard... barring another hurricane!! I'm ready to pack up... sloooowly to mosey on home. Home will be ready in another month. I think I said that a few weeks ago! We really should be in by our Canadian Thanksgiving in October.




















4 comments:

Joy said...

I'm so glad that it is coming along so well. It is great to see what the Lord is doing for you.

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT, Martha! Hope you are "in" soon. AND near Andrea! Support...the GOOD kind! ;-) Miss you, too.

Carolee

Angela said...

Hmmmm . . . I thought you told me this new house just needed a bit of cosmetic work. Perhaps I don't understand your East Coast accent any more!! :)

Unknown said...

Yeah... well, the house should be done by now... we kinda had to fire the guys doing the work and have some new people... friends in the biz actually.. to finish it.
I am tired, broke and NEEDING to go home!!
Have loved Grampy's for the summer, but lets face it... the summer is over and the big kids are getting majorly late for school!!!