Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Week... Another Day at Emergency

For the third time in under 3 weeks, Caitlyn has been in emerge.
She is having some weird trembling/shaking going on in the muscles of her arm. It has gone on for up to 3 days at a time.

Today I'd had enough. It was time for some bloodwork!

The doctor was great. They took 6 vials of blood.... Did I mention Cait is terrified of needles?? Oh my!! She was a trooper. I couldn't believe how well she did. Most of the tests came back normal. Some of the blood had to be sent to another hospital in the "big city" (ha ha) for further tests.

I attended the Ultimate Women's Expo online this weekend. There were women there who had very sick children among other struggles. I remember thinking how happy I was that I didn't have any sick kids. Its not that I have anything against sick kids, I just didn't want mine to GET sick!! I'm realizing that fleeting thoughts like that should be pushing me to get down on my knees and thank God for the gift of health we have been given. I need to be thankful for everyday we are not dealing with a health crisis.

If I am in a position where I need to deal with a health crisis, I need to be thankful for everyday to lovingly care for those I love. Should something happen and I lose that child, its getting down on my knees and giving thanks for the beauty of the life that has graced mine and taught me more about His love for me, and thank Him that this is not the end.

For today... I thank God for the health of my children. I thank Him that I can serve my children by showing His unconditional love to them.

In fact, I think its time to go and get the snacks ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow... the day I call my family doctor to schedule my daughter for her first visit (and hopefully last one!!) with the neurologist. I'd appreciate your prayers!!

No comments: