Friday, February 02, 2007

Home at last

We are finally home!!! We arrived at 6:45 pm to find some very happy kids. I didn't know until today just how sick Justin was. Another day at home would most likely have been his last. I am so thankful for IV's, oxygen masks, ventalin, antibiotics and all the machines that put them into little bodies in just the right doses. I am thankful for good nurses and doctors, parking passes(!), volunteers and student nurses who still go gaga over cute babies! And I am so thankful for the healing hand of my heavenly Father who gave us our baby back.
From Sunday to Wednesday night Justin didn't even try to sit up! When he did sit up, for 2-3 min tops, he crashed and was asleep before his head hit the pillow... I'm so glad he didn't fall into the crib bars. From the 3 Monday afternoon until 2:oo this afternoon Justin drank a total of 11 0z of fluid, and ate mainly yogurt from Weds night on.
This was not fun.
Wednesday Connor was sliding, crashed and 2 kids crashed on him. We thought he broke his collarbone, but thankfully only pulled a pec. Now he has the fun of telling others he has a pulled pec!
Thursday, Molly and Jack both fell ill. They most likely also have RSV, but the symptoms lessen with age. Therefore, Jack is more sick than Molly, but Justin was more sick than Jack. The older kids have the sniffles, which is how RSV shows in older kids.
Dave and I were both coming home at the same time, but Dave stopped to get the prescription for Justin and a few groceries. I came straight home, except the stop for windshield wiper fluid as I was driving almost blind. Jack had just had a fudgicle and had a dirty diaper so I lovingly cleaned him all up and put on fresh jammies. He started coughing and I crouched down with my arms out for a big Jack hug!! How I missed this sweet boy. He came running with a weird look on his face which I recognized a split second too late.
Yes, instead of my warm, cuddly hug.... I got puked on over the head. As I sat there holding Jack with vomit dripping down my hair and face I just started laughing.... hysterics maybe? Jack, unsure at first, giggled, pointed to me and said, "Yuck!"
Yeah, yuck!! Absolutely!! Then I did what any sane(?) mom would do... call the oldest child! "Caitlyn, I need help!! Towels, wet washcloths, whatever you can find NOW!!"
She ran in and stopped short. Jack pointed to me again and said, "Mommy, yuck!!"
That's my boy. Short and to the point.
I'm clean now.
Dave is home.
Dave cleaned all the pukey towels!!! Love that guy!
The kids are in bed.
My book review Friday is moving to Saturday.
My ventalin puffer is not working well... I pray that Justin won't need it!
I am almost scared to go to sleep knowing no nurses are on the watch 24/7 for Justin... God is watching 24/7 for Justin, Jack, Molly and all the rest of them and He has always woken us up when we needed to be awake...
I have nothing to fear.
I would love to share something that was hilarious, but the person who said it has no idea how hilarious it was... and I'm not sure that she doesn't read this. I think she was absolutely serious. I'm so glad I could have a good laugh with God!!
G'night.

3 comments:

Seven said...

What a week you've had! Glad you're home, and Justin is doing better. Sick babies are so hard on a mother's heart.

And I wish you could share something hilarious, but better safe than sorry!

Luke Coughey said...

Wow! Praise the Lord for His mercy and grace...and His healing hands. There is nothing worse than to look into your child's eyes and only see a blank sick stare back. I hope that you will all have a quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Nadja had pneumonia and RSV at 2 months old. I'm so glad things are looking better, it's tough. God has His Hand on you.

Jen.