Sunday, February 11, 2007

Aliant slowing me down

Its been a little frustrating trying to use the ol' computer lately. The speed has been sloooow. We've been getting and average of 80kbs/sec... so we called the trusty service provider (ha ha) because we should be getting upwards of 700 kbs/sec.

Friday our speed was just cruising at 150 and that was great for us lately... then the tech came, "fixed" the problem and told me he doubled the speed. I was so excited!! The speed changed all right. It dropped down to 27.5. When you get the decimal figure you know its slow.

I called Aliant, yes Aliant... I have mentioned them by name Ha Ha!!! ... to complain. I was very nice, just couldn't see how 150 doubled came to 28 (I'll even round up)... must be the new math. This guy fixed the problem for me and now we average 4 kbs/sec and most of the time I can't pull up the page I want. I'm almost afraid to ask for MORE help, but the technician is coming back tomorrow.

Just thought y'all might want to know.

No comments: