Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What can happen in our home in 48 hours or less

I've actually been meaning to start a journal. This would be a great place to start. The past couple of days have been relatively uneventful. There has been only on physio appt.. and Dave was able to meet me and watch the kids. Vacation Bible School (VBS) started at church. We are having a Fiesta and enjoying every second of it! Jack (2) and Molly (3) are in the Silly Chillys group, Matt (9), Connor (8), and Courtney (6) are all active participants, Caitlyn (12) is a helper and I am a group leader. Justin (6 mos) gets passed around and we are all having a blast! Last night coming home we almost hit a huddle of skunks. I didn't know skunks can group thier little noses together and have all those tails stick out in all directions... missed 'em by about 6 feet. When we got home we saw another black and white critter in the driveway. Thankfully it was only a kitten... about 2 months old. The kids were sure God was blessing them in some miraculous way because we only have 7 kids, a crazy 20 month old black lab/husky, and a cat who thinks he is human and owns the house. "But we don't have a kitten!!!"... or do we? It is still in the carrier out on the porch. No one in the neighborhood knows where Bibbles (I know, I know!!) came from but they all agree its now ours. In straining to see if Murphy (our cat) would kill Bibbles in the great showdown on the porch steps, Matthew leaned over the kitchen sink while talking on the phone and dropped said phone into the pot soaking in the sink. As Dave attempted to dry the phone I found the need to get some, ahem, air... and 5 kids spilled out the door behind me. While thought I'd rescue the kitten and put it in a cat carrier, Matthew decided Murphy and Bibbbles should be better acquainted.... I'll leave it to your imagination to understand the catfight that happened on my hand, arms and face and to hear the shrieks of some wild kids and one wild momma as Murphy tried to kill Bibbles.
Are we entertainment for the neighbors or what!!!
Today we still have Bibbles because we are IDIOTS!!! The SPCA will take him/her (we aren't even checking..), but they are closed tomorrow and will reopen on Thursday. Molly can't believe we would want to give away "Murphy's Baby". She's a little confused about Murphy's love for little Bibbles.
This morning there were no Doctors appts!!!! What a banner day! The kids went out to play and I noticed the kid population double. We never have kids stop in here. Its hard to break into a new neighborhood... we've only been here 4 years!!! They had a great game of soccer baseball and all the kids were great. One even came to VBS tonight.
Again, we had a blast at VBS.. all my kids even had shoes on which didn't happen the night before, Dave met us at the church as we were getting ready to leave which was great. No critters on the road on the way home. Is all perfect? What could the neighbors possibly see tonight as we come home from church? A perfect little moon as Molly decides the walk into the house is much too long and pulls down her drawers to pee on the front lawn. They are all asleep now... everyone but me. The physio guy worked on my head again and removed the get to sleep switch. I decide I needed to check on the only blog besides Angela's I have ever submitted a comment on. I've commented twice before tonight. The first time someone responded in such a negative way the blogger had to remove thier comment. She'd never had to do that before!!! The next comment brought someone who I believe I offended... I had to apologize for offending her, but not for what I said... you know... then I messed up in the process and ended here. Dave was smirking when he went to bed. He still has the sleep switch.
I just can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!!! Glad I don't know in advance tho.
I'm sure you are all thrilled that the phone dried out and works great!

No comments: