Thursday, July 27, 2006

He's Certified!!!

Dave and Matthew came home tonight at about 10:30 pm.. Dave wrote his Project Management Professional (PMP) certification in Halifax today and passed!! For those of you computer minded and management people, you would understand this was a VERY BIG DEAL!! Matt stayed at Dave's parents for a visit since they live just off the highway on the way to Halifax.
I'm so glad that the test and trip all went well. We needed some good news. Once again we found lice on the kids and had to treat them all again today. That is 6 little heads and a few more weeks of torture as we aggressively do laundry and check heads. They aren't as bad as the last time, so hopefully it won't be too terrible to clear up. I hope the other kids in church are getting treated. Nit pickin' kinda takes over our home and its expensive!! All the kids are sleeping here in the living room. I love seeing them all sleeping.
Courtney had more bloodwork today. She's getting more subdued. She tires quickly and her appetite is next to naught. 2 or 3 bites and she's full. She is also getting dark circles around her eyes. I'm calling another doctor in the office tomorrow to see if we can see her. Our doctor won't be back until the 8th of Aug..
Mom wants us to go to St. Andrews on Aug 7th for NB day. I don't think that is going to happen. Between having to take 2 vehicles (cuz we don't fit in 1!), Court not well and trying to ditch the little head critters, I think we are about done in. Someday I plan to ask God why we have lice. I am glad its treatable... at least in Canada. I can't imagine living somewhere where headlice is a fact of life for everyone. I am so thankful to live where I do. We are sooooo blessed.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Congrats to Dave. How in the world did he prepare for anything in your household?

Sorry to hear about the lice. Fortunately I've not had to deal with that. Considering my daughters have tighter and curlier hair than you, I'm sure you can understand my pleasure at not having to do the treatments on their heads.

BTW, sorry, but you won't see me for NB day or Labour Day or any other day in the near future. Being a starving student isn't exactly a ball o' fun for me.

Unknown said...

Its amazing that Dave can study through almost anything. Tnankfully he was following along with his laptop... headphones on. He didn't even know we were here. We tested him few times!! The lice thing is a living nightmare!! The boys now have SHORT hair... but we do that every summer when its hot anyhow.