Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I'm looking at my last post, which was rather long, and noticed the date. This would be my 16th wedding anniversary which I spent picking lice out of kids hair!! ... with no husband... and I'm ok with that. I really am.
I thought this would be a terribly, horrible, very bad day for the old emotions... and I'm sailing through fine.
Mom called at about 2 this afternoon to make sure I was going to be ok on the anniversary and I had to ask her what the date was so I would be able to find something to do that would be fun on the 19th.
I was a little surprised to find out it is the 19th. I haven't thought about it all day and wouldn't have known until this last blog posting that I missed my anniversary.
I should have had some cake.
I need to get my cake pic of the week (mom is emailing it to me) so you can get a chuckle.
That was my first real stressor of Thursday morning, but it has to be seen to be appreciated!

2 comments:

Luke Coughey said...

It sure does our hearts good to hear all the blessings God has added to your life lately. I know it must be difficult, and probably rather scary, but isn't it great to know that God has it all under control and planned out from the first? We're still praying for all of you.

Jen.

Anonymous said...

Martha;

Been thinking about you. This has been a difficult fall here...but not as difficult as your's has been! Happy to see that and yours are adjusting well. Glad to kids made the smooth transition to school...I knew they would. Call when you can. After the wedding (Nov. 3) I'll take a trip out to see where it is you have landed.

Praying for you and all your little ones,

Carolee