Saturday, November 03, 2007

Another storm... a real one this time

Matt and I just got in from the great outdoors...
As I went downstairs to feed the fire I noticed the plywood over one of the "windows" blew off.
Yes, I need 2 windows. I think I will actually give this out as a prayer request as I can't swing buying and installing windows right now.
The storm is starting and will only get worse so Matt and I with hammer in hand went out to put the plywood back on... only we had no nails bigger than finishing nails and it looked like someone took the nails out of our wood... I hope not!!
We asked 2 neighbors for nails. The second one gave us a bucket of screws and a cordless drill... that was great!! Except we were doing this in the dark with buckets of rain falling and the wind whipping around. I wanted to grouse about men who let women and children do men's work, but realized this is MY responsibility now. I helped Matt do some drillin' and then he got a shower. He is now wrapped in a blanket on the couch and I'm getting him some cocoa... then I'll get a shower.
I am soaked and in soaked jeans... lovely!!
Thankfully my leather jacket is waterproof so I'm not as drenched as Matt. I also found that the eaves trough is in sad shape!!
I can only fix so much at a time. The roof isn't leaking... or doesn't seem to be so that's good.
I'm having a hard time tonight to not be ticked off at Dave.
That's my attitude though and only I am responsible to change that. God is good and He is helping!!
Off for the hot choc!

2 comments:

Luke Coughey said...

I'd love to give Dave a wake up slap accross the side of the head. That being said, he will have to stand before the Lord and will be accountable for all his actions. So, I'd say that the Lord's slap will be adequate.

I hope that you managed to get things straightened out with your windows. I'd buy you some if I could afford to do so.

Unknown said...

The "windows" will be plywood/insulation/plywood for now. All the wood is in so I'm good to go. Dave is in the Lord's hands. We only see the outside, but who knows what work the Holy Spirit is doing inside. I know that "He that began a good work in (him) will be faithful to complete it." I'm not sure how that will happen, but I don't have to know. God will fulfill His good work in Dave.. I need to stay out of the way and let that happen.... and wait for it to happen.
Thanks for the thought, Luke. God will provide what I need. He always does!!