Monday, October 08, 2007

One More Night

This is our last night in the old place.
Tomorrow night will be in our new home.
It looks good... actually great since Laun, her Dad and friend Janice stayed there all day until late tonight to finish it. This is how good people have been to me. I don't even know Janice... well, I do now!! She has been so generous to me and I am humbled by such help.
The girls room is sweet. They didn't want to leave today. The boys can't wait to see how their room looks... I can't either since it wasn't done when I had to leave today.
Joy, Laun's mom, baked cookies, a pie, a cake, a casserole, made sandwiches... yum, yum... I love other people's cooking!!
Tomorrow we will take whatever we can fit in the car and then Dave will bring the rest out little by little.
I think we have almost everything we need.
I'm excited... and very sad.
This was not what I had planned... to move on without Dave.
I can't let myself be sad though. I'm choosing to trust that God knows what is best for me even when the world isn't making sense. I have a Bible study called "Trusting God when the world doesn't make sense." Dave bought it for us to do in January and then didn't have time to do it with me. Now I will be happy to have it and do it myself.
I will learn many new things this year, including how to run a wood furnace.
Never done that.
I will learn how to manage 24/7 on my own. This is scary.
I can do this.
I need to go to bed earlier.
I need curtains... or else we will be going to bed when the sun sets!!
Tomorrow I'm picking up curtain rods... tonight would have been more convenient except that everyone who is everyone took today off for dinner.
Thanksgiving is everyday, but our feast will be in a week or 2.
We are too tired to cook a turkey dinner... that was a Victorian we, meaning me.
Mom tried to convince me to drop everything, play hooky and eat turkey with them... but I'm glad I didn't. The work is done (not much thanks to me!) and tomorrow starts a new adventure.
G'night and God bless,
Martha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a trooper. Praying for you and your children!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your place is coming together nicely. Luke and I will be praying for your family.

Jen.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all of your prayers.. We sure need it!!!