Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another new adventure

Well, life is about to take another major change.
First, I'm a single mama.. then a baby... hand surgery... the big MOVE... and now..
Tomorrow will be the first day of real school for most of my kids.
Yes, I am sending my kids to school.
I love homeschooling, but have decided that for the moment its too much to do if I want it done well. I am not homeschooling well this year.. not by a long shot. Its time to admit that I need some help and I'm taking it.
The school here is K-12 so all the kids will be in one place, just more kids!
Most of the teachers, I hear, are Christians.
I had a tour and the kids were all attentive and not even fidgeting in class.
My kids just may be the troublemakers!!
The kids are excited/nervous about going.
I feel strangely at peace about it, even though I am a homeschooling at heart mom.
It sure will be weird at home with mighty Jack (3) as the oldest!!
Spending more time with the wee three will be good for us.
A new adventure, yes??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision, Martha. I pray that all will go well for your kiddos. Be encouraged. You are a GREAT mom!

Luke Coughey said...

Are you sure that you aren't going to be bored all day?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I bet it feels very different to be home with just the youngest ones. I hope they are adjusting to school just fine. I'm sure they are :)

Unknown said...

Bored? This house has been a circus for the past week!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the kids are home (Sat.) so things can slow down!
I think *just* having 3 boys 3 and under at home should give me a little something to do...
I may actually have a super neat house again though. That hasn't happened since I had 3 at home the last time.. 9 years ago. This is crazy different, but I like it today. I'll do my blog for tonight and you'll see why I just say today....