Saturday, October 06, 2007

On the MOVE!!

I am taking a break from packing!
This has been a crazy couple of days of packing, lugging, sorting, trucking, unloading, moving, moving, MOVING!!
I commented (rather vainly) two days ago how good my nails were looking. My fingernails almost never look good so I was pretty impressed.... I now have ONE fingernail left and its discoloured from when I got my hair dyed this week!
So much for vanity.
On Friday Pastor Steve and Arthur (with the help of Chester's truck) moved ALL my beds for me to the new house. Thanks guys... not that you ever read blogs, but you are thanked all the same.
Andrea came up and helped all day yesterday and today.
Laun and Jodie came up yesterday... brought a ton of stuff with them!!! ... and thoroughly cleaned the new place.
Andrea's husband Andrew came up today with his truck.
My brother Jeff brought up his truck and my nephew Trevor.
Last but certainly not least, my friend Pat brought over her wonderful new truck (its a Chevy Avalanche and its loaded.. that's who I drove with!!) and helped a bunch. Then she went home and bought a bunch of Greco pizzas for supper.
Do I have great friends or what??
I do need to mention Eugene. He is the angel I'm buying this house from. Not only is it a superb deal and he's holding the mortgage for me, he is constantly at the house putting on new trim, doors, siding, etc.. He is giving us the history of the house and the low down on the town, making me feel like this is my home. He is essentially giving me roots.
He wants to put some extra shelving for me when he's done his work.
He looks like Santa...
We had a few mishaps... somehow I was expecting to chase down baby clothes on the highway... and wasn't disappointed!!! Though I wasn't expecting to see the wicker bookshelf fly off Andrew's truck and over our truck.... I needed the exercise though to chase down my stuff and pick up pieces of this and that off the new super duper twinned highway!!
Jeff and Trev got their pictures taken by the big axe.. that was a thrill... ha! ha! I'm expecting to be sent those pics if Jeff can get them off his phone.
I have more stuff to pack here. The old house is a disaster, which is pretty amazing given all the things that were taken out of here!! How could it possibly look messier than on Weds??
I am at a loss.
There is a mouse in the back of my stove making terrible clicking noises... at least it was until I kicked the oven door a few times... right after telling Connor not to kick it. He doesn't think this was fair, but it is my stove after all, at least until Tuesday.
On Tuesday we move!!! Yep out the door and into Canterbury.
Dave is helping us finish moving Monday.
That will be weird... my husband finishing moving us out of his home.
Oh well.
He will be getting back from Atlanta tomorrow night. I wanted to be out before he got back, but just couldn't do it.
He is most likely getting the biggest award he will ever achieve in his career this weekend.
It the PMI award for Professional Development of the Year. He is accepting the award with some people from Global Knowledge. He is the only one accepting for Skillsoft. Skillsoft and Global Knowledge won it together for the Project Manager Development program that Dave headed up the creation of.
I am trying to be happy for him. This was one of the major things that Dave put in front of his family and makes him happy. We are in the way of his career. Its so sad. He thinks he'll be happy... he's not so far.
Right now he's out to some fancy dinner with the others from Global.. its a Brazilian Restaurant.
I'm wondering what Brazilian food is.
The mouse is acting up again. Our cat is a waste of time and airspace. It couldn't catch a mouse to save its hide... unless its bringing one in from outside... or killing one beside the dinner table when I am at dinner.
And people wonder how I'm losing the baby weight so fast!
I'm off to do more packing. I'm going until I'm out of boxes. Tomorrow is my day off. Monday we move these boxes, unpack some at the other house and then bring more back to pack.
Its almost over.
It will be nice to be done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha, I don't even know what to say. If I were a hugger, and if you were a hugger, I'd give you a hug! Does a cyber-hug work? I think of you often, and pray for you and your children. If you need a day out, and a destination, please feel free to come.

Unknown said...

I'll actually will be closer to you, BJ! You'll have to bring the kids over soon.