Sunday, April 08, 2007

Not yer typical Easter Sunday Morning

I really have to blog this Easter Sunday morning... when I should be in church... and am NOT!
You see, my boys have this tendency to dig big holes. I do not like this tendency at all. They are worse than the dog.
They dug a big hole in the driveway. I told them in no uncertain terms (insert yelling like a maniac) that this was dangerous and not in the least acceptable and they were to fill it in immediately.
They filled all right... with water.
This iced over and then snowed over and it appeared that the hole was taken care of.
Not.
Dave had taken the boys and Courtney to church in the car and I was going to follow a little bit later with the 2 girls that need to look perfect before they leave the house. I must admit they did look pretty good!!
We backed up the van and as I was about to go forwards the ice under the front wheel broke and down we went into the hole. That hole is pretty deep. The van is sitting on this sick little tilt and Caitlyn, Molly, Justin and I are not going to go anywhere!!
Molly and I have had our cry. She loves church. Easter morning happens to be my favourite service and we were not happy campers.
So we suck it up and decide to make our table beautiful and put together the most wonderful roast beef dinner that we can get up.
We even have Velveeta cheese to make sauce for the veggies... and new potatoes...
I wish church were closer so Dave could have come back to get us, but its 1/2 hour away and the service would be over before we got there.
I guess I should get the veggies prepared.
Happy, happy day!!

4 comments:

Seven said...

How disappointing for you. Your dinner sounds delicious, though ~ all except the Velveeta. Ew, ew, ew. : )

We didn't get to church either, thanks to the foot-and-a-half-or-so of snow we received overnight! Not yer typical Easter here, either.

We have had digging issues in the past. What is it with boys and trying to dig to China? Our boys almost made it once and Jon was very demonstrative about his unhappiness. Our yard is looking much better these days.

Enjoy your roast beef. With all the excitement this weekend, we are having the most laid-back holiday ever and just looking forward to a big bowl of split pea soup later today.

Angela said...

Really sorry you didn't get to church Marf. Sounds like a bit of a letdown. I, however, had a great Easter Sunday. Lots of trumpet playing in my own church. What a thrill! I didn't have to go to a catholic mass to play this year.

We had a big dinner with one of Mom and Dad's friends joining us as well as a student who goes to my church. Of course, as I made the cherry cheesecake last night I thought of you Marth. We made it big enough that we have leftovers. Don't think they'll make it to Thursday though. :)

I'm soooooo looking forward to your visit. Counting down the days.

Unknown said...

The velveeta was actually to go on the BRUSSEL SPROUTS which my kids actually love. Its all in how you cook em kids!! Just to make the day perfect, it took Dave all of 30 secs to get the van out. I know its because I dug around the tires so well and the ashes I spread out did their job. Of course Dave laughed... but he brought me lots of chocolate so I forgave him cuz I'm such a great wife (groan, groan).
Cherry cheesecake sounds great, Ang. If ya wanted to save me some.... Maybe you could chauffer me to church too... I'd even hold onto the door so I don't knock a over a pedestrian!! Ever find Mary?? I believe we have a longstanding date for the Whip!! Your mom could take her place.
Can you believe its been 16 years since I left U of G??
Is the place still there?
4 more sleeps. That's the count.
Or we could just dig our way to China!

Jenn said...

way to turn lemons into...roast beef dinner :)

Because I live next door to Charmin, same story applies...except the holes...I don't have any sons yet. And I like velveeta. Yum.