Wednesday, April 18, 2007

home again, home again, jiggety jig

Well, I'm back from the big city!!
Cities I should say... lots of buildings, more cars, parking garages that never end...
Ok, how many people when they travel actually get to have a really good tour of a parking garage?? Not many.
Ang not only showed me around the parking garage but showed me how to play a GREAT game of Scavenger Hunt meets the Amazing Race.
We got a clue... a partial clue... and a panic button for the car and off we went to discover... we can't read a ticket for the garage which apparently tells you where to go and Ang is as blind as a bat regarding the huge cement posts in the parking garage. But that's ok, cuz we got to play this neat new game and she did, after all, carry the big suitcase!!
Aunt Anne, Angela and I had the most amazing time at the Kay Arthur conf. It was so far beyond anything I've ever been to. I don't know enough Bible. Simple as that. I have some new precept studies for me, the kids... oh and a few for Dave. We can get more later.
Thanks to A. Anne for the complete works of John McArthur in a box... Logos for the computer which also has a complete pastoral reference library.
Dave is gonna be cookin' smart!!!
We will be switching our reading programs to precepts studies beginning almost immediately. I need to order a few more things. They have an amazing kids line already and they are, of course, pumping out more studies faster than you can blink.
They have 4 studies to do the book of Genesis, 3 on the book of John, a couple on Revelation.. more to come there.. Jonah, James, Who is God?, How to Study the Bible for kids, on and on...
As a homeschooling Mom I have the rare privilege of having my kids study well what is important. Some of the precept upon precept studies are of post university quality. In those studies the book of Rev. takes over 2 years to complete. This is an exhaustive study!!
Of course most of them won't take that long.
You can also get studies that are 20 min per day and then some that are 40 min a week... one lesson with no homework that are wonderful for Sunday School classes.
http://www.preceptministries.ca/
This is the link to find out more info.
I'm not making so much as a penny for this blurb!!! I think its important.
Time is short. We need to prioritize.

Other than that. I ate too much this weekend. Lots too much!! Way to many desserts and that's ok!! I'm home now... except Dave was getting food for the weekend. Way to many unhealthy snacks at my home right now. I'm gonna weigh a ton when I have this kid.

Gwen and Luke are doing great. We are going up for a birthday party this weekend and I will get to meet the little(?) guy!! I'm wondering if he's getting enough attention... first boy... 4 older sisters.... maybe!
Hopefully Gwen gets her turn to see the wee man!!
Dave has toddled off to bed...
I must go too.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I sense some mockery here! See if I ever take my precious time to drive to Toronto and pick you up again.

I do echo your sentiments about the Precept weekend. Woo hoo! I'm gung ho to learn my scriptures. Not just to read them, but to learn and to commit them to my heart.

On another note, not only did you gain encouragement and know that we had also served to encourage others, but in my sharing about the weekend with my boss she tells me she has been thinking about salvation.

PRAY PRAY PRAY!!

Unknown said...

No Ang... me mock? I'm amazed at the effort you and Aunt Anne went to in order for me to have a great weekend!
You mean the car was really lost??