Sunday, March 18, 2007

Facing the Giants

I'm not usually a person to recommend movies. Quite frankly there aren't many out there worth recommending; however, we saw "Facing the Giants" this weekend and I'm recommending it. Not only was it entertaining, funny and enjoyable for the whole family, it was also a Christian movie with a wonderful message... NOTHING is impossible with God.
I love asking Molly (4), "What is impossible for God?" She answers with, "Nothing, coach!"
Don't ya want your kids to see the movie now?
Amazing... I had 3 paragraphs here that just disappeared...
The part of the movie that hit home to me was the story of 2 men who prayed for rain. They were in a drought and needed the rain for their crops. One man prayed and one prayed and then prepared his crops for the rain. Who expected God to answer.
I have been praying, but expecting God to say no.
Mark 11:24 says "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
I need to pray believing and prepare for rain.
This is what I did Friday night.
I prayed for a blessing and changed my attitude to excited anticipation.
What would God do? How would he move? What would happen in the morning?
First of all, my husband thought I needed a break and didn't wake me up in the morning.
I didn't get up until 11:45 am. For those of you who can't sleep in, borrow my babies for a few nights. You'll be amazed at their nocturnal prowess and sleep when you can!!
That would have been enough.
I was rested enough to be productive and enjoy playing skip-bo with the kids.
Then I got a phone call from Aunt Anne. Aunt Anne and Cousin Angela asked me if I wanted to come visit and attend a Kay Arthur conference with them next month in Ontario. Of course I would love to, but its not possible for me financially to do that... but Kay Arthur!! Angela knows Kay Arthur is one of those women who has taught me much about how much Christ loves me and pushed me to know God better... through her wonderful Bible studies! As I'm declining I'm dreaming inside of how wonderful it would be to just be able to fly up to visit for a few days... then Aunt Anne is still talking ... "and I'd pay for your plane ticket and get you into the conference. Ang and I are going and we just think it would be so much fun if you were there too." After discussing it with Dave, he realized he had nothing pressing at the office and could his work from home for a few days and I'M GOING!!!!
I'm so excited. God chooses to bless when we prepare our fields for his blessing. I was preparing for His grace to sustain me when things were tough... and He marvelously sent His sustaining grace down. Now I'm ready for a blessing.
Jack, Molly and Justin are playing sweetly after a little veggie tales marathon here. They are singing the SUV silly song and the Busy, busy song from Flibber-o-loo and I'm seeing the blessing there too.
Molly what is impossible for God? "Nothing, coach!!"
She is now singing "Every step I take ... sha na na naaa na na"
Life is good!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so happy that you're happy. Actually, I'm ecstatic and overjoyed that we're going to get to see you AND that you're going to get a little break. I think you could use one. I asked my employers today if I can take the Friday off and there was no hesitation on their part.

Woo hoo! We're going to Kay Arthur! Unfortunately, I'm the only one of the three of us who hasn't read her stuff. Guess I'd better get a move on.

Unknown said...

I hope that you will be here long enough to meet my wife, Jennifer, and our girls. I should send her along with you on Saturday.

Unknown said...

Luke, I am really looking forward to meeting Jen and the girls!! It will be one of the highlights of the trip. Ang, can't wait to be there. I'm glad you got Friday off. hint hint.... you'll need some coloured pens or pencils but I want to get special ones at the conference... This is gonna be fun!! Hope uncle Doug can handle all the excitement! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hi, Martha.

Can't find the email link, and apparently I didn't save your address.

Email me! Saw your comment on Amy's blog and I'd like to pass along some info.

~ Charmin

Anonymous said...

Nevermind. : )

Well, you can email me any time you want but I probably don't have any info to share after all.

I understood that raspberry leaf tea was not safe early in pregnancy, but I just googled it and found TOTALLY conflicting articles about it. I have often wondered if it was responsible for my PROM last time, but who knows? Some articles say it starts contractions, some say it doesn't. Some say to drink it in the first trimester, some say don't. Some say it's great post-partum, some say don't touch it. So go with your gut. (Or whatever soothes your gut, in this case.)

I'm not trying to interfere. I just felt like I would be an irresponsible blog-friend if I didn't mention it.

Have a great week!
Charmin