Monday, November 06, 2006

SNOW!!!!!

I was so pumped to dive into the new school stuff today, but was usurped big time by the white stuff pouring from the heavens.... FIRST SNOW!!
I hollered for the kids to get up, fill the woodbox and go out and play.
There wasn't really enough snow for gazoodles of fun, but my kids are creative.
They got out the wheelbarrow and transported snow from all over to the steps in the front yard... and went sliding. What a hoot! There isn't enough snow to cover the grass.. well maybe by now... but we have a sliding "hill" out there!!!
The kids from next door came over and they had a ball.
I forgot about wet ski pants, mittens and boots everywhere.
But I also forgot how great a fire is when its REALLY cold and snowy out there.
I guess they balance out.
I'm glad it didn't snow yesterday!!
I'm thrilled it snowed today.
Dave called 4 times from traffic cuz he was bored.
I forgot about 1st snow accidents.

Muffin business is picking up. I need to get these kids on their school work so I can work on my brochure!! I'm so far out of my comfort zone. How on earth do you make a brochure?? Dave showed me where to go on the computer.. I have a degree in marketing and communications.. I love what I do... I love to write stuff.. How can this be so scary??
My good friend Diane will even put it together if I get her all the info I want on the brochure. I just need to be businesslike... a little more formal... choose my words carefully... and then scrap it all to just say what I mean and how I would really say it... I'm soooo formal after all!!!
Ok here I go...
stuff to do...
wasting time...

1 comment:

At A Hen's Pace said...

Thanks for visiting me via the Carnival of Homeschooling! You're welcome to my writing ideas!

My middle boys were asking me yesterday, "When will it snow? How many more days?" They were so disappointed that I couldn't tell them!