Saturday, November 18, 2006

Lots to think about

Wow!! Its been awhile since I blogged last. These last couple weeks are like a blur. We had 2 sets of catalogs to deliver and Justin is teething. That may not sound like much, but Justin is not a great teether... lots of screaming and little sleep.

On a high note....

Dave, Caitlyn and I went to see Merv and Merla Watson tonight. They were so amazing!! I haven't heard music like that for a very long time. There are good musicians and then there are the truely gifted... Merla Watson is truely gifted... perfect pitch, rich tone, violin playing that sends shivers all over.. amazing. They live in Israel and spoke about its past, present and future. They are not Jewish by blood, but in heart. Merv sang the blessing Aaron would have sung over the congregation of Israel... I could never express how very close God was tonight. I'm ready to move right on over to Jerusalem, the Holy City. Caitlyn would like to visit. We all decided if God actually wanted us there, He'd let us know!! Merla has written over 500 songs and has composed music for them which blew us completely away!!

Tiszandra babysat tonight and for the first time in 4 yrs of living here we feel like we have a truely competant, godly babysitter. Matt was even happy and he's NEVER happy with a sitter!

What did I learn tonight?
I need to pray more.
God is much, much bigger, better and more wonderful than I thought before tonight.
Miracles still happen.
God moves fast, get with Him!!
Archaeology is making the rocks cry out to praise God.
Yeshua in Hebrew is the only word with 7 flames on it.
Truth in Hebrew is EMET which is the first, middle and last letters in the Hebrew alphabet. Truth being first, last and everything in between. The first letter in EMET also represents God, when you take it out you get the word MET which means death.
The first 10 generations of men from Adam to Noah have the whold plan of salvation in it. When I get a copy of it I'll post it. I should have thought to take a note pad.
Sometimes I get so caught up in everyday life I forget about the wonderful life we have in Christ. The hope and the future that we have. When Merla was talking about the people returning to live in Israel and the wonderful musicians that are arriving, she told of her dream to bring them together to play music that would be glorifying to Jesus when He returns.
She wants to actually be playing when Christ comes back.
All the other feasts were fulfilled in the New Testament on the anniversary of the feast day. For example the Holy Spirit came on Pentecost to free us from the law on the anniversary of the day the law was given to the people of Israel. Jesus became the firstfruit from the dead on the day the firstfruits were brought to the temple.
It's quite logical to assume that Jesus would come back on the feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hoshana. It is the only Biblical feast that has not been fulfilled in Christ. Its a day set apart to celebrate a new beginning with the Lord... and you blow trumpets!! Pretty cool.
I think I need to learn Hebrew.
There is sooo much to learn.

That is my long rambly blog for today.
It does not express my heart as much as I would like it to.
I do not want to forget tonight.
This was an evening of spiritual encouragement, refreshment and excitement!
I don't ever want to celebrate our pagan celebrations anymore.
Easter has been a sore spot for me after learning its based on the Babylonian cult and represents Ishtar. Christmas actually has nothing to do with Christs birth as he would have been born during the feast of Tabernacles which is in early October.
The Watsons showed a portion of scripture in Isaiah that was a blessing to those outside the Jewish family who partook in the feasts that God ordained. I need to find that verse again!!
Lots to think about.

There ya go South Africa Ruth!!! A long rambly blog.... with no static. Intercontinental phone calls are not always the clearest, eh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, I don't think that would be particularly easy with 7 kids in tow!!! I do appreciate the thought.