Tuesday, November 28, 2006

God is on the move

This has been a very strange week.
We had a great weekend visiting my folks in Rothesay... played cards until midnight with great friends... my kids were actually in the Santa Clause parade with Mum and Dad's church... Sunday morning service was great... had a really good time in the afternoon watching the kids having a blast with their cousins... good time of fellowship with the folks... got home in time (well a little late) for Sunday evening service.. the kids had play practice after the service and then...

We saw a really nasty side of someone who has spent some time gossiping about us and spent a good portion of an hour making some ridiculous accusations to Dave and I. Thankfully there was a witness to this as no one would believe the maliciousness of this person. There is no pastor to take this issue to... its a church issue, this person has some serious problems... but we have a mighty God!!! He was able to take this situation and bring good. Dave and I were able to pray about this situation together (sometimes we forget how important that is). This morning we started a new tradition of getting the kids up early to have worship time before Daddy leaves for work! What a great start to the day. The girls were even able to cheerfully get their room COMPLETELY clean by 10:18 this morning. I didn't think that was even humanly possible!

Dave also got some news that has the potential to change the course of our life while freeing us from a situation here that isn't good... without offending anyone. Is it because our family turned to God in prayer knowing this situation was way beyond our control? Absolutely. We wouldn't have dreamed this solution up! It may not happen, but God is moving and when He does we need to get ready!! Its so exciting to see God's hand at work. I'm concerned for this gentleman at church because I don't know what it will take to humble him... God does. He viciously verbally attacked part of the body... and will most likely get a spiritual spanking. I've had some of them and wouldn't want to have another.

I'd best be off to have a shower and check some math...
I'm too excited for words to find out what God has in store for us...
Seems like the wind is starting to change...
God is on the move!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! Curiousity surely has me stoked here. Guess it's time for me to give you a call . . . not now though as it's midnight and thus 1:00 am there.

Maybe I'll have a bit of time this weekend.

Keep your chin up and your faith strong cuz!

Anonymous said...

Wow,
Your moving to S.A I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!Well, it is nice to dream.PLEASE e-mail soon.My curiosity is killing me.Say Hi to the gang.It was a good reminder to me too about praying about certain issues.He is faithful,alive and still hears and acts.Thanks Martha.

Unknown said...

Ruth, better quash this rumor!!! South America is not in the works... unfortunately, not even for a visit!! I'd love to though. We are in the waiting process and I am not allowed to say for what. Just pray, pray, pray that God's will would be done and not ours. This seems to be from Him, and if it is... it will happen. Whoo hoo!! Its a good one!

Anonymous said...

How about South Africa?Ha! Ha!Yip your right this could be a great way to get a rumor started.I hope we get to visit you guys next spring although last time we were given good news shortly after you received yours.HMMMMM do you think there is a pattern here?We will be praying for you all.Keep us posted I "shot the wad"on the phone yesterday.Your a super friend.It was worth it!!Have a great day. day.Ruth