Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Adam to Noah

I have the list I was looking for about the first 10 generations of man and their names. Thankfully someone was paying attention and took a pen last week!!
Here we go...

Adam === Man
Seth === Appointed
Enosh === Mortal Sorrow
Mahalalel = The Blessed God
Jared === Shall Come Down
Enoch === Teaching
Methuselah= His Death Shall Bring
Lamech === The Despairing
Noah === Comfort


Man (is) appointed mortal sorrow. The blessed God shall come down teaching. His death shall bring the despairing comfort.

What a testamony of God's plan for mankind. It was given clearly through the ancient patriarchs before the flood... written well before it came to pass. I love seeing how God works. I really have no idea how people don't see Him for who He is.
I am so humbled to know that He loves me. I know me... I am no where near being anything that God would desire outside of Himself!

The babies are up!

Off I go. Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was cool!I read it to the children.We had never noticed this before.S.A.B

Anonymous said...

South Africa Barfoots(S.A.B)

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha
Did you see Spunky's blog?She has been a great voice for Home Schoolers.I will miss it.Thanks for telling me about her blog.We had a nice day today.I went swimming with the "crew"for the first time.It was wonderful!Christine and I went shopping Saturday and were able to get more Christmas shopping done.This year as part of her gift I took her clothing shopping,sunglasses etc...afterwards we had lunch together.She thought she was buying a dress so it was nice to surprise her.Christine is turning into a beautiful young lady.She is 16 now and I enjoy her company a great deal.Tomorrow the plumber is to come and do some major work.If this job goes well we will stay here, if not then I'm to look at houses on Thursday.We enjoy this area but if the Lord has another plan then on we go.Preparing for Christmas in S Africa has been very peaceful.It is not as commercialized as N America.The music hasn't been pounding out for two months which now makes it enjoyable to start listening to.The children miss the snow and decided they wanted a white Chrismas tree.The tree is approx.7ft. and the box is about 41/2 ft.We are taking the tree to Cape Town which is where we will be celebrating Christmas.People go away on holiday to the beaches and some pack up their trees and take them too.We are starting a new tradition along with a new continent so figured we would follow the "natives".It has been fun shopping this year because instead of sleds and skates we are buying snorkles and beach toys.Time to call it a day.It is almost 11p.m.Praying for you guys.S.A.B.