Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mainiac Weekend!!

We just got back from having a wonderful weekend in Maine. I changed the babies, made sure they were tucked in and immediately had to catch up here!!
Ok, I had been away for 48 hours and had no idea of the conversations going on in blogland.
My oldest and dearest friend, Joy married a Mainiac and then became one... we still love her! They have 4 sweet daughters who are special friends of my kids. This is one family who exude hospitality. They sold thier large home and are living in a tiny 2 bedroom minihome until they can build their home in the spring, YET.. they welcomed us all to visit. Imagine 4 adults and 11 kids enjoying meals and fellowship in such quarters... BUT WE DID!!! We had a ball. Molly did not want to come home... neither did Caitlyn, her kindred spirit lives there!! Yes, Jade, that would be you!!
On the way down to Maine the clouds were very dark and low... snow clouds. We had to drive an hour north of Fredericton to drive down to Newport and I was a little nervous to drive in the snow. God had other ideas for us. He put on this incredible show of light showers. Y'all know about rain showers, but ever see a light shower?? Its when there is a perfect break in the clouds and a shower of light streams down bright against the rest of the clouds. Every time we saw one we told God what a great job He did... and He just kept outdoing Himself!! I had no idea there were SOOOO many different types of light showers!
Yes, it did snow. 3 little tiny flurries that got the kids wild about ideas of snowmen and sliding... but it was nothing that could sit on the road!
We are home safe and sound. Everyone is asleep except me.... Dave and baby Justin on the chair behind me... I could take a picture of that... I did.... and woke Dave up! ooops!

3 comments:

Angela said...

It's such a treat to hear about Joy and her family. I'm really glad they're doing well. I wonder about her sanity (and I've always wondered about yours) however as I cannot imagine having that many people so close together.

Obviously your brood and hers are far better at getting along than my two girls! I live in a 2000 sq ft house with them, and I want to strangle them at least once a day!

Unknown said...

No one said those feelings were never here!!! At Joy's every kid had a buddy pretty much and there was a baby to pass around... a boy child in a house FULL OF GIRLS!!! Went over very well! Jack made big over Rusty.. if it had been Caitlyn and Court all by themselves, different story!!! My sanity must be still fine as I still worry about it too!! When I cease to worry about it...

Angela said...

Oh, was I supposed to finish your last sentence? I have plenty to fill in there, but it would be rude and I save that side of me for my dear ex!! :D