Saturday, September 02, 2006

September, already?

I don't know where this summer has gone... but it has. We have had a lot of fun AND a lot of frustration!! The good news is, we licked the lice problem!!! Hooray!! Of course my kids have had an extraordinary amount of chemicals on them and will most likely grow extra appendages later in life! Last night we played soccer baseball, girls against guys, and Daddy's team smoked us!! Justin got screaming and we noticed about 50 little bugs eating him... now he looks like he has chicken pox... Oh drat, the game had to end before we were totally humiliated!
We have had our first week of crazily eating healthy. Lots of fresh ground flour (and of different varieties) for our bread and biscuits, salads, fruits and veggies, even molasses cookies made with fresh ground Kamut flour... The kids were asking when the healthy food was coming out! Its actually very tasty!! I think I'm losing weight too, which is great cuz I am eating like a pig. I love salads and am having extra snacks and not feeling even a bit guilty. Very soon we will be getting eggs and milk from friends with... you guessed it... chickens and a cow. We are still finishing up some schoolwork from last year and its not so bad. Life is good. There are some interesting people trying to drive us insane.. I think.. but that's ok too. Dave tells me that we are the only sane ones around. I'm going with that.
Oops! Published before I was done... like that has never happened before!!
Dr. Phil is looking for homeschoolers for his show. I figured I could use a vacation... so I applied. Of course a half a million people will probably apply and he will most likely choose from the U.S... and he wants people with STRONG convictions about hs'ing which I take as bold and controversial. I really don't think he'll pick me, BUT I tried! We'll wait and see.
Dave is BBQing steaks and I'm supposed to be doing veggies. Guess I should get back to it!!

No comments: