Saturday, September 16, 2006

Puffers and Kidney Stones

How much more trauma can we pack into one week?? Tues night found us at the after hours clinic for the boys. The doctor looked very sternly at me and said Connor is completely clear, but the baby is a very sick boy. Haven't you noticed his fever and his rattly chest??? Ok, Justin has always been a noisy breather... we get it checked a lot... and he was teething. One popped through last Saturday and 2 more are on the move!! Dave was working late, so Caitlyn stayed with the kids in the van so I could go to get Justin Amoxill and a puffer. We did pretty good with the first 6 kids never needing a puffer. (slight break there so I could go and plunge the toilet for the boys!!) Justin fussed all day Weds and Thurs. By Friday the drugs had kicked in so he and I went to Sandy Cove Bible Camp for a ladies retreat.
I really thought for a brief period of time that I was going to have a relaxing weekend!!!
Being a good mom, I called home after breakfast this morning to see how things were going... Caitlyn answers the phone and says "We're great, but you might want to go get Dad at the hospital. He left at 5:00 this morning on the ambulance and might need a drive home. I think he has kidney stones."
I was at camp for 16 hours... glad I went early!!!
Dave is now home in bed, drugged to sleep. The girls went home with our pastor and his wife who came to watch the kids while I went to the hospital. Our friend, Rod, was coming to "help" Dave cut the wood this morning and ended up doing all the wood himself. Diane and Wes cleaned our house while they watched the kids this morning.
My head is still spinning.
Oh well, Billy Speer and the Dartts are coming to sing at our church tonight and I thought we'd miss them. Now I can go to the concert with the kids. Dave might go too if the morphine wears off.
Another day in the life of....
We are NEVER bored!!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh Marf! Here's some encouragement for you. Check out this blog

http://4boys2love.blogspot.com/2006/09/still-wiping-away-tears.html

A friend of mine posted the link with a note reminding us of why some mothers eat their young.