Friday, September 08, 2006

crazy neighbors and dogs

Ok, we officially live in La-la land!! The other morning we woke up to find a huge tree limb had crashed down by the dog's house. There was no storm... our dog is just a menace.. the trees are losing ALL the lower branches!!! Anyhow, I couldn't move it and Blackie was tangled up in it soooo... Blackie was off the leash! Move over Benji... here we come!
Because I am a great neighbor, I went next door to warn Christie and her 4 year old son. As we were over there Blackie attacked her dog (OK, thier dog looks like a cat and cats always attack Blackie) who was rushed indoors for the day, and then our big bundle of black lab/husky decided to leave a gift on her lawn. Christie was impressed that my 2 little pooper scoopers (Matt and Connor) rushed in with a shovel and dirt to remove the mess. The people across the street have 3 dogs that use mine and Christie's lawns as toilets on a regular basis and I know that is what I would like those neighbors to come over and do... y'know remove the messes.
Well, Blackie did calm down and the kids put him on the leash and walked him for awhile. They were all having a great time actually. I sat out on the porch with the little ones enjoying summer in the country when the neighbor across the street came screaming our way. You should have seen her hair just a'flyin!!! We all froze in shock as we wondered what horrific thing she was escaping across the road. Yes, we were prepared to help this poor woman UNTIL she grabbed our dog by the leash (that was still dragging from the last walk around the house) and brought him to the door of the porch where I met her. "What?" was all I could think to say. I was still a bit confused on the problem. "Your dog looked like he was about to dash right across the street!!", she shrieked.
Yes, this is the lady who owns the 3 dogs that are constantly fertalizing my yard. Of course I could think of many things to say to her 2 min later, but all I could think to do was laugh. Do you think she'll be back?
I do believe Blackie will be off the leash more often. I gotta see whats gonna happen next!

No comments: