Monday, January 29, 2007

Curtains, Stew, and Banana Bread

This has been another bizarro type weekend.
Poor baby J... he has been so under the weather. At first I thought it may be just teething, since he's teething too, but sadly, he's also sick. And so is Jack... and Molly... and Dave... and Caitlyn. Caitlyn not so badly tho, praise the Lord. I need her help!!
However, we've had one of the most productive weekends in a while. We moved furniture, cleaned through desks, drawers, cupboards, raised the dust, dusted.. I baked 3 loaves of bread, a dozen rolls, 3 banana breads, made curtains for my bedroom (after finding my curtain book in an obscure drawer), talked to my mom and Dave's mom, and made a huge stew all while taking care of one very sick baby. Mrs. Wilt would be proud!
Now its Monday. I'm trying to type while instructing children in scripture memory and english grammar. The kitchen is not as neat as Saturday. When my Dave crashed and burnt it kinda hurt the momentum in the house. Big men fall hard.
I'm so pleased with my curtains. I really have no idea how to sew. I bought a machine when we first were married thinking all wives needed a sewing machine. Then I bought books on how to make pillows, curtains and things for the home. Now when I sew, I pray and go for it. Amazingly everything seems to work out. A few more little touches and my room will look good!
I'd better get back to work here. I need to check my precious little baby.

No comments: