Tuesday, August 22, 2006

spas, roadside assistance and mega choirs

Today was gonna' be the day to do things... oodles of things because Dave is home!!! Hooray! He is home all week and we are going to finish the bathroom cupboards and paint the kitchen and go on roadtrips and get lots of stuff done. This is Tuesday. I was up with Justin (such a sweetie!) last night and Dave finally took him and the crew out of our room at around 8 so Mommy could get some shut eye. I was up at 11:30. After a relaxing 3 min bath, the service guy came to fix the stove. Yes, our new stove needs a service guy.... another story!! At 3:00 Caitlyn and I head out because I am getting a haircut!! ... at Avalon Spa no less...
We walked into the spa and were delighted by the wonderful aroma of all the Aveda products that we can't afford to get and enjoyed ourselves immensly for about 1/2 an hour. I described ... very badly... what I wanted done and Jolene (my stylist) actually understood what I meant and I got the cut I longed for. Someday I will be able to buy all the gook she put in my hair and I'll be gorgeous for days!! As I walked to the car I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach... I don't remember putting the keys in my purse and I have no pockets. Sure enough, there were the keys... in the ignition and all doors are locked!! Who locks thier doors when they go to the spa?? Back in we went to call roadside assistance... We waited by all the lotions and makeup and candles and teas that we still can't afford... I did find out the eyeliner I liked was $17.95. "Are you going to get it?", Caitlyn wants to know... "Not now dear... maybe when we strike oil."
We managed to get home about 1 1/2 hours after we intended to. Jack was so happy to see me. Caitlyn returned a phone call from her friend Maggie. It was about 6:20 pm. "Are you coming tonight?" ooops.. we forgot about choir.
We are in a mega choir of hundreds of people singing in Officers Square this weekend. There are a couple of groups "The LaPointes" and "3 Season Ant" and us.
We jumped back in the car to go back where we just were!!!! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went.
I'm also glad we were home in time to cuddle Jack to sleep, for Connor to read us his "do you know this?" about the Old Testament questions and for Matt to tell of all that went on with him today. Courtney went to choir with Caitlyn and I and was just plain cute!
Great day, but I'm glad its done! Maybe tomorrow something will get done!

No comments: