Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mommy, I don't want to die!!!

This is how my morning started. My idea was to clean like crazy cuz my parents were coming for lunch. I know how long it takes to clean, feed kids, clean up after them, do laundry, change diapers, cuddle babies, etc., so my morning was off to a busy start. Enter one 3 year old screaming, "Mommy, I don't want to die!" Certain I was hearing wrong I foolishly asked her to repeat herself. She did... over and over and over again as she huddled up in our favourite, old, frayed, gold recliner in a fetal position because she felt safe there. In her words, "I just wanna be safe."
Oh Lord, please give me the wisdom for this one.. she's only 3!! I cuddled her up on Mommy's big bed with lots of pillows and told her that dying meant going to Jesus' house. I had never even remotely thought of heaven the way I described it to her today. Thank you Father God for telling her what she needed to know through my mouth. Now she can't wait for the angels to come and get her (she'll be taking a piggyback ride thank you very much!!!) so she can visit with Jesus. She'd be most happy though if Jesus would just get the horn blown so she could travel with Jesus and the rest of the family. She must have asked 20 times today if it were time to go to Jesus house yet. She asked her Gramma and Papa if they were going too and was quite delighted that they were.
No wonder we are to become like a little child. I need to be that excited to be going to Jesus' house and invite people to come with me. Are you going to Jesus' house?? Wanna come?

No comments: