Thursday, June 05, 2014

Mid-Crisis Ramble

The city of Moncton is basically locked down.  A troubled young man in camo and heavily armed is playing a deadly game of hide and seek with the police.

It will not end well.

2 officers are wounded in hospital.

3 officers are dead.

No one is sure where this young man is.

Darkness is falling again... its pouring rain... visibility is going to be terrible tonight.  And the city, and province, and nation are waiting.  Waiting for the next sighting, the next gunshot, the next (God forbid) fatality, and ultimately the end of this nightmare.

26 hours ago, no one knew three families would lose beloved family members.  No one could imagine a little city in New Brunswick would be joined together by fear and sorrow.  Even if given a heads up, we would have thought, not here!!  This doesn't happen here.  But its happening.

Life is so short.... and so filled with twists and turns and shocking events.  Life is stressful.

This I know... God is faithful and above this.  God knows where the gunman is.  He cries with the grieving.  He loves all those who are waiting and fearful.   We can trust Him.

Life is too short for misunderstandings, and leaving things unsaid and undone... yet we do that.  In the officers last moments were they stressed because they were leaving relationships hanging?  Did they know they were loved?  Did they know that they did everything possible to leave this world better than they found it?  Did they know God?   Did they know where they were going? 

In my last moments I will know I loved lavishly... I will know I introduced all of my children to their Heavenly father and I will see them again.  I know where I'm going.  My trip has been paid for and prepared for.   In most ways I will be content.    The relationships that have been failures still mock me.  Most are completely irreparable.    My relationship with the kids dad has come to a place of peace and acceptance.    Only one broken relationship still has the power to make me cry.   

Life may be to short for misunderstandings and hurt... but sometimes you have to realize its a huge part of life. 

I have not left a huge mark on this world... and that's ok. I have made many, many, many mistakes...and wish I didn't.   My needs are small.  I am happy.  

God bless the families, friends and co-workers of these fallen heroes.  God bless the people of Moncton.  Praying peace and protection for all of them.

No comments: