Thursday, June 12, 2014

Another "solitary" day

For the second day this week the kiddos are off with their dad for another family gathering.

Today the little boys were quite upset that I wasn't invited!!  I love them so much!!
Their little hearts are innocent and sweet.   My ties to this family are my children and its ok that I am not on guest list. 

That brings me to another day!!  Tuesday I read Ezra, and puttered, and napped!!   Today I gathered laptop, phones, Bible, pens, snacks, etc, and holed up in my room!!! 

So far I have played music and cleaned out stuff that is long over due for a purging.  I found 8 lip glosses/sticks and 3 boxes of mints!!  Most of what I found is just junk!!!  This is good.  One box is filled with junk and another one is started!!

Why is so hard to get rid of stuff that clearly is not doing anything for me??... its only weighing me down. 

Why do I entertain thoughts in my head that do the same thing.  Sometimes my head is so cluttered I can barely breathe.   2 Cor 10:5 says "We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ."

I am guilty of entertaining loose thoughts, and sometimes let emotions and impulses loose too!  Ack, ouch, grrrr.....  I have every tool I need to tear down barriers and fit my emotions, thoughts and impulses to the structure Christ is shaping me into.... The secret is to know that I need Christ to help.  This is great since He happens to be here ALL THE TIME!!    The same power that raised Him from the dead is living in me ... ready and oh so wanting to shape me into the me He designed me to be!!!
Including my thoughts, emotions and impulses!!!  

How cool is that!!!!

Lately my mind just keeps wandering into regret and the fact that I miss a friend of mine so very much!!  Is it ok miss someone?  You betcha' it is!!!   But I need to leave Him in God's very capable, loving hands and not dwell on it.  

Right now God is doing a purging, healing... painful, and necessary work in me.   I both don't like it much... and am so thankful that He is faithful to complete the work He started in me!   He is so faithful!   This I know.... God will always be faithful to me.

I found this quote today from Samuel Hopkins in 1803.  Its from his sermon "The Friendship Between Jesus Christ and Believers"

"Faithfulness is essential to the character of a friend: without this there can be no safety in intimacy with and confidence in Him."

Jesus Christ is my faithful friend.  I can trust Him with my entire life.   It's all good.

In reading this over, I decided I must be the rambliest blogger ever!!  It's still all good!!

No comments: