Saturday, December 01, 2007

Looking much better around here

My IKEA order is in.
My living room is taking shape!!!
There are 2 chairs that are pretty and one delightful RED couch.
The other couch... just as red.. will be here tomorrow. The van can
only carry so much at once!!
Caitlyn's friend, Jenna, called it ... something I had never heard before and forgot...
but she says it means she likes it and maybe I'd understand the word trendy instead.
I am officially a mom of teens... I have no idea what they are saying half the time and I'm hearing them actually talk. I've also been told that I am a Kewl mom. That's cool for all you folks out there who speak actual English... like me!
One of the neighbor's helped us bring in the couch for me and actually wanted the old couches that are dreadfully ugly. Seems he wants them for his shop for when his buddies come over or for when he needs to get away from his all female family for a good nap.
Whatever the reason, he was happy to cart off one tonight and will take the other tomorrow.
One person's junk, another man's treasure!!!
I'm enjoying this little house so much. Its fun to do it up... though it may take 10 years to finish.

We had parent/teacher interviews yesterday and it was actually quite fun. I really like both teachers. The kids are doing great academically and socially. I just want them home. But, if they are out there... this is the best thing. Some of the issues I had were already noticed by staff and principal and were already being dealt with. This was very good.

Christmas is coming. I'm trying to pretend I can put it off but it won't be put off. The kids are ready to decorate and the decorations aren't even here yet!!
They will be soon though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got our tree up, the first one we've had so far! The girls had a lot of fun decorating it. Mercy now knows how to crawl under it and switch the power bar on to light it up, thanks to Luke. We'll have to get some photos to send you one of these days.

Jen.

Anonymous said...

we have lost contact!!!!! please call
dawn

Shannon said...

Hey Martha! I just read your comment on my blog. Long time no speak. How are y'all doing there? Glad you liked all the links I passed out. :)