Saturday, May 05, 2007

sometimes God gives you cool things to say

Someone asked me today what was the catalyst to make the decision to make wholehearted decisions for God. I wish I could remember exactly how she worded her question, but we had systems failure and my memory is... 3rd trimester pregnancy... yeah.

This is my answer.

When I KNEW who Jesus really is and what He really did for me, what choice did I have?

I was saved at 4 and knew that Jesus died for my sins. When I was older and KNEW what He did for me, and saw who and what I was... a sinner who actually sinned... not a good kid... a SINNER!! How could I not choose to run with all my heart towards Him?


A speaker today told the difference between running to and running from. I'm no longer running from hell and the consequences of sin... I am running as hard and as fast as I can towards my Saviour and the lover of my very soul. Sometimes I fall. I get hurt. I get bashed, bruised and bloody but I CAN'T stop running.

Others may laugh and tell me its easier to stroll and picnic along the way, but I can't. I NEED to be near Christ. I am running towards the Father... Jesus is running with me, picking me up, cleaning the wounds with His word... still running. Jesus never says slow down, this
is a race.

When I am tired, hungry or thirsty HE gives me rest, food and water... its all Him.

How can I stop?

I can't. If I slow down, will one of my dear running mates kindly kick me in the rear and get me moving again.

Thanks.
The room is back up.. what timing... back to the conference!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Love it! :)