Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!

This would not be a special day in 2007 if things went as normal!! I woke up in the morning with a wicked sore throat and NO VOICE...nope.. couldn't even croak until after supper!!
Connor made me breakfast in bed... It didn't hurt to eat, thankfully. Justin was coughing up a storm, so we stayed home from church. I was very happy when he decided that he needed a nap very soon after everyone left. I napped too!!!
The kids made pearl bracelets for me in church. I'm told they brought flowers home too, but I haven't seen any!!
It was a very quiet day!!
Dave had cleaned out the porch on Sat. as I had this vision of sitting serenely on the screen porch, cross stitching, babies playing at my feet, bigger kids playing happily in the yard where I could hear their laughter and enjoy the games....
It was not to be.
It was freezing on the porch as I was running a fever.
Dave watched the kids out there with the babies at his feet as he worked on his laptop... we love our wireless Internet!!
I stayed in the dining room, alone.. where I could see Dave and the babies on the porch between dozing, cross stitching and tons of hot green tea and Halls cough drops.
It was actually kinda nice.
The kids have run to the store for more cough drops.
We made it to the next pay day!!
Justin seems better.
I'm able to croak a bit today... just not enough to carry on a decent conversation. A few words and its major coughing time.. not much fun in your 3rd trimester when you know too much coughing can be terribly hard on your belly!
At my last Dr appt I had lost a pound.
Just had to fit that in. I don't think I was supposed to, but I spent a lot of last week sneezing and guzzling green tea.
Didn't keep me from getting sick though.
Molly wants to see her name in type.
MOLLY... is so much fun!
MOLLY SUSANNE PERRY.... yup, that's my name!... she says.
Off to reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
Just wanted to tell you that I have been missing reading your reviews these past few weeks. Hope things are going well with you and your family!

(no pressure, just wanted you to know that you are missed :)